Version 1.3 of the CST IoT Service (cst-iot-service) has been released and is available for download here.
This major version of the CST IoT Service is focused on performance and reliability. The most noteworthy features include the following:
- Redis support – Redis (https://redis.io/) is many times faster than MySQL or Cassandra and perfect for the IoT Service.
- Smarter operation routing and processing – Many improvements have been made to operation processing that allow for faster processing time and a much higher throughput.
- Direct TLS Support – The IoT Service is built upon the secure protocol OpenDOF (https://opendof.org). It does not require TLS to be secure, but is sometimes advantageous to support it.
This release introduces the following features:
- [IOT-101] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-101) Handle responses directly on endpoint.
- [IOT-102] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-102) Only store lifecycle operations in operation storage.
- [IOT-104] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-104) Handle duplicate detection on endpoints ASAP.
- [IOT-117] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-117) Batch processing for endpoint down.
- [IOT-118] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-118) Add configurable max connections.
- [IOT-120] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-120) Add isProvider flag to connection storage.
- [IOT-121] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-121) Expiration on connections in storage.
- [IOT-124] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-124) Queue retries for critical messages.
- [IOT-132] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-132) Add TLS support directly on server.
- [IOT-133] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-133) Add identity service protection to extensions.
- [IOT-134] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-134) Redis support for transient storage.
- [IOT-140] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-140) Allow IAm AWS credentials from EC2 when using SQS.
This release fixes the following issues:
- [IOT-1] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-1) Retry processing response when command is missing.
- [IOT-106] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-106) Invalid key returns “access denied” instead of “resolution failed.”
- [IOT-107] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-107) Session expiration warned but not always enforced.
- [IOT-125] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-125) Scale-in of worker may lead to dropped critical messages.
- [IOT-137] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-137) SID should be changed for directed commands.
- [IOT-163] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-163) Invoke response uses get opcode.
- [IOT-164] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-164) Operation with implicit SID on secure session dropped.
- [IOT-165] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-165) Missing bucket config param in sqs-event-queue.properties.
- [IOT-171] (https://issue.cstkit.com/browse/IOT-171) Dead endpoint/worker after failover.
Account required to download. Request one here.