We are pleased to announce the release of the Cloud Service Toolkit (CST) Device Management Service, providing application developers with yet another tool in the Internet of Things (IoT) focused CST. The Device Management Service is a massively scalable cloud service, including REST APIs to facilitate IoT device on-boarding and permission management.
“In addition to scalability that is practically unlimited, the CST Device Management Service provides high availability, redundancy, and failover,” says Mark Nelson, Director of Engineering at Panasonic Software & Analytics Solutions (PSAS). “All CST services provide built-in, automatic redundancy and failover to support highly available enterprise-grade solutions.”
The CST Device Management Service also includes flexible deployment options. The service can be deployed on any cloud provider (AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, etc.) as well as on your own onsite data center. Configuration is simple and straightforward.
“The CST Device Management Service doesn’t need additional configuration to run,” says Jason Reber, Cloud Systems Team Lead at PSAS. “The service has a simple, flexible configuration design that includes the ability to run the service without any set up.”
Other features of the CST Device Management Service include the following:
- Unlimited scale. The CST Device Management Service automatically clusters to support any size deployment around the globe.
- Multitenancy. A single deployment of the IoT Service can support all of your customers in a way that is secure and reliable.
- Comprehensive auditing capabilities. All traffic through the CST Device Management Service can be audited, and every device interaction can be captured. A simple Java plugin is all you need to add custom auditing functionality to your application.
- Microservice architecture. All CST services use a microservice architecture, giving you the flexibility to use CST services or your own service—or a combination of both.
- Simplified monitoring capabilities. All CST services are easily monitored either through the CST dashboard or through a variety of other IT tools.